Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Soft Subtle Smokey Eye

I love gloMinerals Smokey Eye Kit!  It has everything for the perfect smokey eye! 



 For eyeshadow that doesn't crease, always use eye primer.  Mary Kay's eye primer is the best.




Next apply gloMinerals Under Eye Primer.  This is an anti-aging undereye primer that minimizes the appearance of imperfections by filling in fine lines while using light-reflective pigments to soften the appearance of wrinkles and dark circles.


Now we're ready to apply our shadow.  Start with an eye base brush and apply the lightest color over the entire eye lid.

 
Get your angled eye brush and use the tip in the next to darkest shadow and apply in the crease of your eye.  Angled eye brushes are da bomb dot com.  In a pinch, you can use just that one brush to apply all of your shadow!  Don't forget to blend.  Blend, blend, blend.
 

Another of my favorite brushes is the texture brush.  I use this in the second to lightest color and apply directly above my lash line.
 







It's time for eyeliner.  I'm using the gloMicro Precision Eye Liner in black.  I like to have my eyeliner go about halfway across my lashline from the outer corner in. 


 
I feel like every brush is my favorite, but I love, love, love the smudge brush!  Use it to smudge eye shadow over your liner.  This softens your liner and and helps tie it in with your eye shadow.
 

Lastly, apply your mascara and you're done!   Click here for my eyelash tutorial.

 
Enjoy your Smokey Eye!  Contact me for information about gloMinerals or to order.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment