Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Three Trends You Don't Think You Can Pull Off (Newsflash: You Can!)


1. Bangs.


I have some pretty fabulous bangs. I can't be modest about it. They are cute, playful, and frame my face really well.

I have heard too many times "Oh I just WISH I could pull off bangs!" My response is always "YOU CAN!" Every. Single. Time.

I'm not just being nice. Believe me. If I didn't think you could pull off bangs I'd say "Yeah, but you really ROCK that side part!"

There is a style of bangs for EVERY face shape. If you don't know what it is, ask your hair stylist. Or Google. Or your super fashionable friends. Your resources are limitless, and it is seriously the cheapest and easiest way to update your look! (Not to mention knock a few years off your actual age!)

P.S.- Please have a professional cut your bangs. If you have never cut your bangs before, but are positive you think you can do it....you cannot do it. If you think you *might* be able to cut your bangs...you cannot do it. Seriously. Leave it to the professionals.

2. Colored Pants
I'm not saying everyone can pull off neon green skinny jeans. Those pants should only be worn by your resident middle-schooler.

What I AM saying, is that a pair of soft salmon pants would really spruce up that white t-shirt you normally wear with those jeans from 1996. (Seriously, get rid of those jeans already.)

Think pastel colors, or jewel-tones. Stay away from anything that might give someone a seizure if they look at you.

I promise, no matter what your age, a nice fitting pair of colored pants will make you look ultra trendy!

3. Sparkles

Again, the things that a 13 year old can get away with wearing is enough to make you sick, right? They could wear hot pink skinny jeans, a neon green sequin tank top, and eye shadow that drips glitter and STILL look cute.

We, as adults, should never. Ever. Ever. Do that. (Are you listening, Nicki Minaj?)

What is acceptable, however, are bits and pieces of the crazy teenaged look, in low doses.

Now, as women, we should shine. We should sparkle. And guess what? We can!

The key to acceptable sparkle is to pick one singular item that shines and go with it. (Except for pants. Please don't wear glitter pants.)

Maybe you have a pretty top that has some shimmer. Or some fun accessories that really command attention from passers-by. You can and SHOULD wear those things! Just remember to pick one. Do not wear all of the sparkle at once.

Of course, the real key here is to wear these things with confidence. A confident woman is a beautiful woman. And you, my lady friends, have every reason in the world to be confident.

-Rachel

Hey! If you enjoyed your reading experience here, maybe you'd like to follow me on twitter? I'm pretty witty there, too.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment