Wednesday, May 8, 2013

What To Do In Chattanooga When It Rains

My husband and I were so excited to find ourselves in Chattanooga for a weekend without our kiddos!  Only to find that the forecast called for rain, rain, and more rain.  

So, what do you do if you're in this fabulous city and it's raining?? 

First, you're gonna need to suck it up.  Put on your big girl panties, or boxers...  

We headed over to the mall (not my first choice when on a vacay, my husband is not a shopper) but I needed some shoes for the rain.  We went to Acedemy and purchased these snazzy galoshes.  We already had raincoats and an umbrella.  


It absolutely poured down rain all day.  We headed over to Rembrandt's Coffee House in the Art District.  What a wonderful find!  Charming place, fabulous coffee, muffins, chocolates, cookies, they serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner...  Yummmmm



A great place to go to stay out of the rain is the Tennessee Aquarium.  We've been a million times and my husband LOVES it!  I loved it too because it's nice and dry in there!!



Shut up.  Do you see that leopard print stingray?  I want one!!  And I love the jellies...

Did you know that male seahorses carry their young?  Learn something new everyday.


Tennessee State law requires that every tourist attraction end with a gift shop.  


If you have your children with you in Chattanooga, you will love (and they will love) the Creative Discovery Museum.  We took our boys when they were younger.  We also love Ruby Falls, we didn't make it there on this trip though.

There are lots of yummy places to eat in Chattanooga.  After our visit to the fishies, we found ourselves at the Mellow Mushroom.  Super fabulous. 
 They. Have.The. Best. Pizza. Evah.


Have you been to Rock City?  We went the next day.  It is amazing.  So beautiful.  We love Rock City!  If you've never been , this is a must see.  The first time I remember going as an adult I thought it would be dorky, who needs a swinging bridge, who cares about Lovers Leap?  But it's beautiful.  Flowers tucked in everywhere.  Plants and trees indigenous to the area.  Kids love it, adults love it.  We go every year! 
(At this point it had quit raining, but our plan was to go in the rain, I mean I had my galoshes and snazzy raincoat...)


Rock City is awesome.  But beware of the wild hydrangeas...


Unlike my tame hydrangeas at home...



Oh my goodness!  It's a Starbucks!  At Rock City!!! 

 I loooovvvveee Starbucks!!  

Woohoooooo!!!!!

 I am in heaven.




Did I mention we were celebrating our 20th anniversary?  At first, Jim didn't know why people were honking at us...


So, guess what?  Chattanooga has a glass bridge!  And it's kinda scary...

We also went on the pedestrian bridge.  We drove by a few hours later and these bridges were packed!



Before heading back home, we went back to the Bluff View Art District and ate at Tony's.  Great Italian!  Highly recommend it!

 

Enjoy your stay in Chattanooga!  We miss it already and can't wait to get back!  Do you have any attractions or restaurants you recommend?  Let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment