Monday, January 7, 2013

Make-up Brush Essentials

 
Which make-up brushes are essential?  There are so many out there... Which ones do you really need?  Even I can get lost in Sephora just gazing at the plethora of brushes they have!!
 
I've established what I would call a "starter kit."  The must haves I use every day.  Of course, after I took this picture, I started thinking of more...  But I'll try to stay on task.
 
 


1) Kabuki brush
Use for applying pressed and loose foundation.

2) Blush brush
Use for applying blush and bronzer.

3) Eye blender
Use for applying your hilighter color in eye shadows.

4) Eye base
Use for applying all over color to your lids.

5) Angled eye
Use the pointy end for applying your darker color in your crease.  This brush is very versatile.  For years it was the only brush I used for shadow!  Use the flat end to apply your base color.  Use the pointy end for your darker shadow in your crease, and then use the pointy end again in your hilight color.  The drawbacks with using it for all three things is residual shadow, the eye base brush is wider and easier to use for applying base color and the eye blender brush is focalized for applying the hilight.  Easier application with the specific brushes  but you can wing it with just the angled eye in a pinch.

6) Dual brow
Use with brow powder to fill in your brows.

7) Smudge brush
Use this with your darkest eye shadow and smudge it over your eyeliner.  It blends your eyeliner, keeps it from being a harsh line, and ties it in with your eyeshadow. 

If you use liquid foundation, I highly recommend a foundation brush (not pictured).  For starters, I can't stand getting foundation on my hands.  Using a brush allows your to smooth out your foundation and also to not waste it.

For applying concealer, a camouflage brush or precision camouflage is a must (also not pictured.) Sort of the same as with a foundation brush, it allows for smooth application and precise application. 

Contact me to purchase brushes.  Which brush is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment